What is 6 Month Smiles?
Posted on 24th January 2018 at 15:50
Many adults would like to improve their smile, but are daunted by the length of time most traditional orthodontic treatments take and feel self-conscious about wearing obviously visible braces. Six Month Smiles is a short term orthodontic treatment that can give patients straight, healthy teeth in a much shorter period without may be the disadvantages of traditional braces.
Am I a suitable candidate for treatment?
A dental and Orthodontic assessment is required to decide whether this is right for you. The braces can be used to treat any of the following conditions:
• Overcrowded teeth
• Gaps between teeth
• Misaligned teeth
How does it work?
Six Month Smiles uses sophisticated tooth-coloured wires that gently move those teeth that show when you smile. There are four stages of treatment:
1. Initial consultation – During your first visit here at Park Dental Care, a clinical professional will examine your teeth and assess whether Six Month Smiles braces are the most suitable form of treatment for you.
2. Impressions – If you are a suitable candidate and decide to progress with the treatment, you will come back so we can take impressions of your teeth. These will be used to create the materials we need for your treatment. This ensures that the brackets are accurately positioned so they can bond to your teeth before the wires are fitted.
3. Monthly visits – You will need to keep monthly appointments throughout your treatment so that we can make minor adjustments to your brace as your teeth begin to shift position.
4. Retainer – After your brace has been removed you will be given a retainer to ensure that your teeth remain in their new position.
How is Six Month Smiles different from traditional orthodontic treatment?
Six Month Smiles has several advantages over traditional braces:
• Faster – As the name suggests, most treatments take around six months. This is much less time than conventional orthodontic treatment.
• Gentler – Six Month Smile braces use lower pressure than traditional metal braces and cover fewer teeth, which means that the overall experience is more comfortable.
• Subtler – Unlike the traditional metal ‘train track’ braces, Six Month Smiles uses braces and wires that are the same colour as natural teeth, so they are hardly noticeable.
• Cheaper – Six Month Smiles is typically less expensive than traditional braces or veneers.
If you would like more information about the Six Month Smiles treatment at Park Dental Care, please contact our team today.